1- Syringe A contains 100cm of air from the atmosphere.
2- The silica tube contains cooper tunings.
3.The syringe B is closed
4- Light the burner D and press the syringe A.
5- Copper react with oxygen from the syringe and forms black color copper oxide.
6- The remaining gas will be collected in syringe B which is 79 cm3.
7- So the oxygen present in air = 100-79 = 21cm3.
Extraction of oxygen and nitrogen from liquid air
- POLYMERS- NOTES
- periodic table - groups -notes
- analysis - NOTES/ flame test
- PURIFICATION AND USES OF COPPER
- electrolysis of sodium chloride
- electrolysis of lead bromide-notes
- oxidation and reduction- notes
- electrolysis- notes
- summary non metals- notes
- Experiment to show the % of oxygen in air- notes
- Composition of gases in air - notes
- preparation of hydrogen- notes
- sulphur- notes
- ammomium salts- notes
- ammonia-notes/IGCSE /GCSE -CHEMISTRY
- test for carbondioxide- notes
- properties and uses of carbondioxide - notes/IGCSE...
- preparation of carbondioxide- notes/IGCSE /GCSE/CH...
- formation of oxides- Notes
- reactions of copper- notes/ IGCSE / GCSE
- reactions of iron-igcse /gcse notes
- atomic structure - work sheet
- ▼ October (22)